Monday, May 7, 2012


What Is Love?



So you say you love me.

Well I want to ask you, what is love?

Can you tell me?

Can you tell me what romantic love is?

Is it something like passionate love?

Well I can tell you that my romantic love has strong components of sexuality and infatuation for you.

And with this romantic love, I want you to know I'm in love with you.

I know our friendship is the basis for our romantic love.

I look forward to the exclusiveness of your love for me.

And I know that because of this romantic love, we may come across a complex intermingling of emotions like fear, anger, sexual desires and jealousy,

But just know, I will forever love you.

And as my love grows stronger for you, my romantic love becomes an affectionate love.

That's because my love is more than just pure passion.

For my love has evolved into a companionate love,

And my desires are to have you near me in the physical and the sensual.

And as my love matures for you, so does the affection in my heart.

Let us continue to nurture our love, as I pray it turns into a consummate love.

For I want you to know that I will never leave you.

Even in the time of turmoil, I'll be there.

You are with me and I'm with you,

And together we are forever.

For when we are together, you complete me

And now I am whole.

So I ask you again, what is love?

Do you really love me like I love you?

Think about it!!!



Miguel “A Poetic State of Mind” Keaton

No comments:

Post a Comment