Monday, May 7, 2012


Mommy, I'm Sorry



Hey mommy are you listening, I want to say I'm sorry,

I hope and pray that you don't hate me.

I want to say I'm sorry for all of the things I did,

Please don't think I'm a terrible kid.

I'm sorry for when I stole cookies from the cookie jar,

And I'm sorry for wasting juice in your car.

I'm sorry for using my crayons and marking on the walls,

I'm sorry for making you chase after my ball.

And in the stores when you said don't touch, I did anyway,

And to hear you say I LOVE YOU is all I wanted you to say.

I'm sorry for acting up and showing out in school,

I'm sorry for throwing dirt in the neighbor's pool.

And I loved you, even when you said you hated me,

Whatever I did to make you say those things, I want to say I'm sorry.

And I know you said you would get me anytime or anyplace,

And I know you really didn't mean to hit me in my face.

And I know you didn't mean to grab and pull me by my hair,

And I know you really didn't mean to hit me in my back with that chair.

And when you burnt me with that iron, mommy it wasn't your fault,

I shouldn't have touched that necklace, you just bought.

See mommy, I know in your own way you have love for me,

And all of the things I did to make you mad, I want to say I'm sorry.

And that night you beat me until I couldn't breath,

I wanted to say I'm sorry, but my body I had to leave.

Now I'm in a place where I can do no wrong,

And mommy, up here we get to sing these heavenly songs

I met a man named Jesus, but His face I didn't see,

And He tells me I don't have to say I'm sorry, because He has already forgiven me.

He said He loves me and it doesn't matter what I did,

And to Him all of us on earth are His father's kid's.

And mommy, guess what, He said he forgives you too,

For the things you did and the things you're going to do.

So mommy I want to say I'm sorry and please forgive me,

For I have forgiven you for what you've done to me.



Miguel “A Poetic State of Mind” Keaton

No comments:

Post a Comment